Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hunting Land Poll Results

© By Othmar Vohringer

Two weeks ago I started a poll on this blog asking the readers “Where Do You Hunt?” So far 19 visitors have participated in this poll but there is a clear trend. Despite all the hardship and difficulty it provides public land is still ranking high on number one. To me this is not really surprising. Public Land is readily accessible for every hunter. Unless someone lives in Texas and one or two other states, there is public land for hunting available within one or two hours drive for everyone.

Unlike any other options, such as hunting leases, public land is very affordable for all income groups. I have always been a defender of public hunting land because I believe that it is important that we take the opportunity to hunt on these places. The simple fact is if it were not for the hunters that make use of public land the government would soon run out of money to keep the management up and the land open for the public.

Polls like this are not only fun to do. They are also an indicator for me to see what the readers of this blog do. In the future I will provide more tips and field proven strategies that have helped me to be successful in killing a deer on public land.

Here are the results from the poll. Thank you to everyone that participated and please keep the votes coming.

Public Land 42% (8 votes)
Private Land 32% (6 votes)
Leased Land 11% (2 votes)
My Own Property 11% (2 votes)
Hunting Club Property 5% (1 votes)

Tags: , , , ,

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post on public land hunting, there's always much to learn.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thanks Marc. You got that right, public land hunting is an ongoing learning process but even more important is to think outside of the box and be willing to do things a bit different.

-ov-

Anonymous said...

Wonderful site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any forums that cover the
same topics discussed in this article? I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!
my web site: Hunting Guides

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...